This is definitely worth your time to listen to and it gives amazing insight on the benefits of working with mushrooms. Here are some highlights about mushrooms:
- Produce strong antibiotics
- Rot is essential for nutrients in forest (mycelium goes underground)
- Mycelium inhales oxygen like we do
- Mycelium is earth’s natural internet (highly branched)
- Fungi one of the first organisms to come to land
- Produces oxalic acids = makes rocks crumble to make soil
- Fungi do not need light: uses radiation as source of energy
- Largest organism in the world: mycelia wall
- Ways mushrooms can be used to save the world
- Habitat restoration
- Active against flu viruses and pox
- Energy called “Econol” made by the breakdown of cellulose to fungal sugars
Nick Sand is one of the most prolific and well-known underground chemists in history. From 1966 to 1996, he produced huge amounts of LSD, as well as MDMA, synthetic mescaline, DMT, and other psychedelics that were distributed around the globe. Along with Tim Scully, Nick Sand was responsible for producing over 3 million hits of Orange Sunshine, a brand of LSD that was renowned for its quality and purity in the Sixties.
Orange Sunshine yumm 😀
Sand has a particular fondness for DMT. In fact, it was a DMT vision quest in the 60s that convinced Sand to dedicate his life to producing and distributing entheogens. He was the first underground chemist to synthesize DMT rather than extracting it from natural sources, and the first person to discover that the DMT freebase could be smoked.
As I was nearing the end of his essay, I couldn’t help but think, “Holy shit, this guy is my hero and I want to meet him”. I’m obviously already fascinated by this subject of finding a higher consciousness, so the end of it caught my attention and straight reeled me in like a baited fish.
His passion and knowledge are amazing, and it has inspired me even more to try to spread the many benefits of the psychedelic world to those who want to seek out answers about life. My dreams aren’t as big as his, but I’m definitely going in that direction. My goal for now is to show as many people as I possibly can how these drugs can help us positively, and that just because the government says they’re “bad” certainly does not mean they are. People need to delve deeper…doesn’t anybody want to find out what their purpose is on this beautiful planet? Everybody has a unique one! You just have to find it…you have to step into the other reality. The one our brains can’t process regularly because it is too much to handle.
Read the rest of this entry